IT IS TODAY! I tried to make that a jeopardy question. I guess I don’t watch jeopardy very much or I would know a little bit more about how to write a simple question. Anyway I just glanced over at my calendar and realized that today, not tomorrow, BUT TODAY! Jared and I have been married for 10 months. Even though it feels like 10 years. Not because it feels so long, but because I just don’t know what I was doing or who I was before I had Jared in my life. We met in 2008, and I don’t even know what happened before then… I guess high school, middle school, elementary and kindergarten.
Anyway I just wanted to take a quick moment and write down 10 unexpected things in the first 10 months of marriage.
- -Jared and I will most likely never go to bed at the same time, and no matter how many blogs out there say this is bad. I don’t believe it.
- - Just because you’re married, you do not really have to be domestic, and learn to cook.
- - When you’re married, doing laundry for 2 is TWICE as much as before.
- - It’s fine to stay at home on a Friday night.
- - It’s not any less fun to hang out with your single friends.
- - Not everyone smells good in the morning.
- - It is INCREDIBLY awesome to have someone sit through the pain of doing taxes with you.
- - When there are 2 of you, it’s way easier to have a messy room. EVEN more so with a big bulldog.
- - Don’t read too much into what other people think makes up the perfect marriage, because every person is different SO every marriage will be different.
- - When you have a husband, you have a partner in crime.
Just for kicks here is a number 11, your wedding won’t be the best day of your life. It may be one of them, but things just keep getting better.
Love you Jare Hound Pumpkin Brains!